Distributed Pressure Sensing (DPS) of “Intelligent completions”
Intelligent completions incorporate permanent downhole sensors and surface-controlled downhole flow control valves. The technology enables monitoring, evaluating, and managing production in real time without any well interventions. Data are transmitted to surface for local or remote monitoring.
- provide real-time downhole monitoring of pressures and temperatures
- enable surface-controlled production from each zone or lateral to optimize production and reservoir management
- reduce production of undesirable water or gas
- increase recovery and extend the economic life of the well
- Allow production testing of individual zones without interventions and with minimal production interruption.
Intelligent completions proven their value through deployment in subsea wells, where intervention is expensive and high-risk, and has contributed in managing production from multilateral wells, horizontal wells with multiple zones, wells in heterogeneous reservoirs, and mature reservoirs.
Smart Fibres’ Fluid Contact Monitoring (FCM) system is the integral part of the completion. The over view of FCM system, key features and specification is available for download. More detailed overview to the technology of Permanent Downhole Distributed Pressure Sensing with Fiber Bragg Grating Sensing Technology is available for review.
Through collaboration with leading Iranian Oil and Gas upstream services, Simeng is tendering for the next generation of Intelligent completions development in Iran.